Stephen J. Queenan
With close to ten years of experience, Stephen Queenan joined the Duffy & Sweeney Business Law team with a focus on banking and finance, real estate, and mergers and acquisitions. He works with lenders to originate commercial banking facilities of all sizes and types, including mortgage loans and lines of credit. Steve also advises commercial borrowers in all aspects of the financing process.
Steve represents business clients in business formations, dissolutions and asset sales. A skilled negotiator, he prepares operating agreements, purchase and sale agreements, leases and other contracts to facilitate clients’ transactions for growth and success.
He has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2016 and 2017.
- Represented a lender in advancing a construction to permanent loan of more than $30,000,000 to finance the acquisition and construction of a multifamily development.
- Represented a lender in providing a multimillion dollar acquisition loan to a borrower to purchase commercial real estate with a national pharmacy chain as its tenant.
- Represented a lender in modifying a loan to release the real estate securing the loan while adding new real estate and cash collateral as security.
- Represented a lender in the purchase of a participation interest from another lender in a construction loan totaling more than $37,000,000.
- Represented a buyer in the purchase of real estate with a tenant which is a nationally known auto parts seller.
- Represented a seller in the sale of real estate with the buyer’s acquisition financed by the seller.
- Represented a lender in advancing two loans to a non-profit nursing facility secured by real estate and all business assets.
Boston University School Of Law (J.D., 2008, cum laude)
Brown University (B.A., 2005, magna cum laude)
Bar & Court Admissions
Rhode Island, 2008